Re: Thoughts on undercoating a Tiger

To: GRMTim@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thoughts on undercoating a Tiger
From: Fhsloth3@cs.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 10:24:55 EDT
Just as a tidbit of information.

My at the time new off the showroom floor MKII had undercoating. As I
remember, I asked the dealer to put it on.

Several weeks later the car would not start. I checked for spark and shocked
myself. I checked for fuel and there was none at the carb, but the tanks were
full.

Turns out, with the fuel pump on a MKII in the little wheel well in the
trunk, the wheel well filled with water and shorted out the pump. When I went
under
the car I found there was a pice of masking tape over the drain hole,
apparently to keep the undercoating from blocking the hole. The idiot who did
the
undercoating never removed the tape.

Duh!

Fred Baum