RE: Electric fuel pump safety

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Electric fuel pump safety
From: "steve wick" <srwick@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 17:35:22 +0000
If I was insistant on using an oil pressure switch, I would install a relay
with 2 sets of contacts,
1 normally open and 1 normally closed. The normally closed I would run from
the oil press. switch
and the normally open from the battery. The relay would run off the start
enable circuit of your
ignition switch. When you turned the key to start, power would run from the
battery, through the
relay to the fuel pump. When you released the key, the relay would turn off
and the power would run through the oil press. switch, to the relay and then
to the fuel pump. The only thing is, as you
add things that will stop you to the circuit, you increase the probability
that it will stop you on it's
own some time.
Steve (in N.ID.--No whiz kid unless you're talking about the little Calvin
stickers in peoples back
windows.)