Re: Pumping Gas

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pumping Gas
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 03:00:50 -0400
Back in the longago, around 1975, I was stationed
at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland and was
dating a fine woman in Lexington, Virginia.  At
the time, I was driving a 36-hp VW Bug.  I would
come down through the various highways to the
intersection of Virginia 7 and Interstate
81.  There was Veterans' Texaco.  Hell, I was
then in the military,  so I was a veteran, and
I'd pull in, pop the hood and have the tank
filled before the elderly gent wandered out to
see what I wanted.  I would toss him the cash on
my way to the can, and get the change on the way
back, as the elderly attendant tottered back

I had my Alpine there once, and there was a Lancia at the next pump.  Oops!

I still gas up there when I am around Winchester,
Virginia, but the old guys are all gone.  <sigh>

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!