valve covers

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: valve covers
From: "Tigerman" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 13:27:05 -0600
Okay, I have to ask about valve covers and clearance.

I have a 5 bolt 289 in my tiger (and the original 260 on an engine stand
waiting to be rebuilt).
I believe it has standard 289 heads, rockers etc.
It is currently wearing the factory valve covers with the sunbeam sticker on
them.

My passenger side valve cover is leaking, and I need to at a minimum replace
the gasket, but would also like to put on the set of "Tiger powered by ford"
valve covers I have from SS.

So the question is.  Is there enough room to change the valve covers on the
car, or will the firewall hang me up on clearance?  The stock covers seem
very compact.  The replacement "powered by ford" maybe slightly bigger.

Any hint to make the process any easier?

Thanks,
Steve