Re: valve covers

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: valve covers
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 20:04:33 -0700
Yes, I have used them as well (note: I have "powered by Ford"). As I recall
the trick was to actually keep the cover parallel to the head, raising it up
and forward (diagonal, but parallel if that makes any sense). The last part
was to let the front drop just when the end is near as this helped get the
inner part of the cover over the rocker. If you hit a snag, you might want
to make sure that the rear rocker isn't up on a cam lobe.
 Ahh..., the Tiger. It's like the vehicular Rubic's Cube.
Tom Witt