Re: [Tigers] AUTO TRANSPORT RECOMMENDATION

To: "Ed Esslinger" <edstiger@charter.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] AUTO TRANSPORT RECOMMENDATION
From: "Tigerman" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:48:09 -0600
I've heard good things about passport auto transport, which I believe was
bought out by FedEx Custom Critical.

They use only purpose built auto enclosed trailer, large lift gates rather
than ramps etc.  I never got a chance to use them, but they were the ones I
was going to use when I was looking at shipping a car.

I read a good article on car transport once that said what ever you do, make
sure that you deal with a company that actually owns trucks and as they
should be able to give you a more accurate pickup and drop off days.  As
some companies sub contract all of the physical shipping to other companies
which really compromises your ability to get a firm date on pickup and drop
off, and mean that you are never sure what kind of truck will come pick up
your vehicle.

I wish I could find that article again, as it had some real horror stories
and good advise on shipping cars.

Steve