Re: [Tigers] ebay Car

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ebay Car
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:09:59 -0700
Seems there are a number of "Tigers" on Ebay (search Ebay). I am not trying
to personally disqualify any of these cars, but I would think the term
"Buyer Beware" applies to any purchase. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I
would assume anyone selling a Tiger would want to present it in a way that
avoids suspicion.

Even before the Red Tiger of dubious numbers (provided by Norm) closes there
is the blue Tiger with "little" information one would think should be
presented for sale (VIN/JAL, pictures etc.).

There is the first red Tiger Norm has already clued us in on.

Even more interesting is the green and primer Tiger.  It leaves one to
wonder why the owner won't disclose the VIN/JAL and..., also why there are
people in Europe creating a "database." Maybe the European "database" is the
reason he is withholding the numbers, but if I was buying the car, I would
want to know.

Then there is a second red Tiger one is not  likely to find many real Tiger
parts left on it because it is so modified.

There is still a third Tiger with a self made VIN plate.

Only the white Tiger seems to walk and quack like a duck. It seems to
accurately represent it's self.

Rest assured if one wanted a Tiger clone, there is an Alpine advertised on
Ebay to do simply that. And, at a significantly lower cost.
Tom

Original post: