Re: [Tigers] ebay Car

To: ross_hulse@sbcglobal.net, PhastPhill@aol.com,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ebay Car
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 23:41:40 EDT
In a message dated 9/4/2007 7:08:42 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ross_hulse@sbcglobal.net writes:

Which is  worth more an original car un-restored with all its original parts
in  running condition?  A resorted car with a warmed up motor in  great
condition but personalized?  Or a totally restored to bone stock  specs from
the factory but using some after market parts?

It is an interesting question. I believe, and so far the market does as
well, that Tigers are going to continue to be similar to Panteras,  where well
done modifications (to improve on basic design flaws) are going to be  well
received by the majority of the market place and fetch prices at least  equal
most "restored" cars...but, painstaking restorations entirely  true to original
should command a premium from those more interested in  collecting or showing
than driving or doing track days. The "holy grail"  will be true survivors
that are too nice to restore...or drive...and the very  few cars that have any
truly significant history.

I don't believe Tigers are going to follow the Corvette "Bloomington Gold"
path to "correct" overspray, chalk marks and other minutiae becoming the
obsession of the majority of owners...thank goodness!!

Mike