Re: [Tigers] alpine on eBay...again

To: <JHef101@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] alpine on eBay...again
From: "Cullen McCann" <CMcCann@lwpb.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:48:14 -0500
I looked on the TU page with the vin ranges by model and year, to make
sure it wasnt one of the long lost hand built prototypes or
something.....nothing there about it specifically.

cullen

I know that there are others on this list more conversant than myself in
this so jump in if I am wrong. I too e-mailed the guy and queried him on
the history of his car and told him that it appeared to be an Alpine
body with Tiger parts attached. As far as I know the 947xxxx series was
limited to Tiger production starting in April 1964. I haven't seen any
Alpines that carried that designation and I have owned in the past
63,64, and 66 Alpines. It would appear that he possibly bought an Alpine
that was converted to a Tiger from a basket case donor car that included
the VIN data plate and that he transposed or misunderstood the numbers
and included the 1A in front. What does the BON say about B9472286? It
sort of sounds familiar.