Re: [Tigers] D. Barkers comments on TAC

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] D. Barkers comments on TAC
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:52:08 -0700
Tim,
  I can understand you are doing restoration work and that there could be
concern that you might alter some Tiger specific marker. I had taken both
sides of my floorpan down to bare metal and then repainted it. Thus, I had
the mentioned concerns. It was enhanced by the fact that some on the list
had stated that 'I had better get it TAC-ed before those identifiers were
gone!'
 Being that I live in the Mecca of Tigerdom (So. Cal.) I was fortunate to be
put on the "TAC on Wheels" program that CAT instituted specifically for
non-rollers like my Tiger. Unfortunately the day the volunteers set aside
for the work took longer than expected and my TAC was cancelled. The next
year I was TAC-ed.
  While it is an important thing, the work is done by volunteers who must
work in three's. I was very grateful that they chose to dedicate a day to
the service which included a 80 mile drive (one way) just to TAC my car. In
the end the anticipation of waiting a whole extra year is a mote point.  I
want to encourage you that if your car was a Tiger, then it will still be
whenever the opportunity arises to be TAC-ed.
  Typically most of the larger Tiger related events offer TAC sessions. I
recall at one CAT - TAC session a gentleman trailered his marginally
appealing Tiger all the way from Phoenix to So. Cal. just for the service.
So, rest assure people do work hand in hand to bring about Tigers being
TAC-ed.
Regards, Tom Witt
B9470101