Re: [Tigers] Still trying for wheels...

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "R Smith" <max348@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Still trying for wheels...
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 10:59:56 -0700
> If anyone happens to have this information and or could take a measurement
for
> me, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Without it, I am somewhat stranded
here.

Rob,
 My Tiger happens to be on jackstands with the rear wheels off (for too
long, but that's another story). Anyway, the bare FLANGE to FLANGE
measurement (using the plumb line Theo recommended) is 50-7/8". Note that
this does nor include the thickness of the brake drum (1/4" per side). It
does not include the fact that the brake drum bulges at the outer edge (1/2"
per side - and that this 1/2" measurement INCLUDES the thickness of the
brake drum). Please also note that I had to get this measurement fishing
through the jack stands and accuracy is likely within 1/8".
Hope that this get you out of your "Gilligan" (stranded) situation.

Tom Witt