[Tigers] Speedometer/Speedometer cable

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Speedometer/Speedometer cable
From: "Don Wheeler" <DWheeler@dopplegangers.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 22:03:32 -0500
Thanks for all your help in advance!!

When I bought my Tiger I was told that the speedo cable was broken and
that was why it [speedo] did not work.

I pulled the cable out of the transmission and it seemed fine on that
end, so I took the speedometer end off and it too looks fine.  By
spinning the tranny side, with my fingers, I can see the speedo end
spinning. Hmmmm.

Taking the Speedo apart to look at it I noticed that the gears were
cracked, so it can use a make over, but may or may not make it
inoperable.

I inserted the tranny side back and took the car for a spin, and the
speedometer end does not turn. Hmm Hmmmm

My question is what was left out of the transmission, or how big of a
deal is or could this actually get?  Maybe some gears are missing from
inside the tranny?

Other than rebuilding a 350 in a 69 Camaro in High School I don't
remember to much about transmissions, of course I didn't rebuild that
tranny either!

What am I in for?

Thanks