Re: [Tigers] Tigers, Commotion thing

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers, Commotion thing
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:21:26 -0700
A couple of years ago a guy in a SUV tried to dodge a deer in the middle
of the highway just outside the city limits here. Lost control, went off
the road, a wheel dug in and the SUV flipped, ejecting the passenger
(who wasn't wearing a seatbelt). The passenger was dead at the scene.

The morals of that incident are:
If you have a SUV then you have to recognize that dodging anything is
not an option. The reason you bought that behemoth was so that you'd
"win" in any collision; so don't try to avoid them when the opportunity
presents itself. Second thing is that seatbelts still save lives
regardless of how big your vehicle is... if you're not in it, then
you're nowhere.

As it happens I drove my Tundra today for the first time in several
weeks - my commuter car is an Echo now. Whatever safety gain the Tundra
has in bulk, it loses on not being able to get out of its own way, and
lack of visibility to the rear quarters.

Theo