Re: [Tigers] Tigers, Commotion thing

To: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers, Commotion thing
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 22:28:46 -0400
I'm sure you all know that most SUV's, built on truck chassis, are
exempt from federal rules on safety that are applied to cars.  I saw a
video recently of one of those tiny little Smart cars hitting a wall at
like 60 miles an hour and the passenger surviving just fine.  Last year
the vehicle that you were most likely to die in a head-on collision was
a Ford F-150, which I believe is the frame of the Ford Explorer.  One of
the reasons the SUV's are the most profitable for the manufacturers.

I know my little BMW Z4 is far safer in an accident than my F-250 tow
vehicle.  I would bet the Tiger is safer than either, because there's no
way I'm going to test the Tiger in such a situation ;-)

Chris