Re: [Tigers] Battery Booster vs Jumper

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Battery Booster vs Jumper
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:20:08 -0500
I agree with Steve on the Battery Tenders - I've got about a dozen of
'em.  I use them always when charging a battery as most other chargers
will hurt a battery.  But they won't help a battery that won't hold a
charge.

I disagree on the "jumpstarters" not helping with the situation of
having a battery that is shot and won't hold a charge.  It will get you
started, and to work.  It will get you started again at lunchtime when
you go to the store to get a new battery.  The car will run on the
alternator in the meantime.

As to the original question - what's the difference between a Battery
Booster Car Starter or Battery Jumper Car Starter, I didn't know there
was a difference between these jump-packs.  Waiting to hear a
clarification....

Chris
B382000331