[Tigers] need a trailer for my tiger - questions

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] need a trailer for my tiger - questions
From: Peter Laurinaitis <laurin212@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:42:09 -0800 (PST)
I am thinking of getting an enclosed trailer for my tiger, but want the
flexibility to use it for other cars down the road, and perhaps hauling a track
car around.  Right now I am thinking of getting the Haulmark Thrifty Hauler car
hauler 8.5' x 16' or 18', dual axles with total weight capacity of 10k lbs
(incl trailer).  Couple questions I have for those that may have some
trailering experience:

(1) would people recommend against an open trailer due to road damage during
transit from rocks flying, etc, also prying eyes security issues, etc?  have
people experience much damage when using an open trailer?

(2) for closed trailers, does anyone have any specific experience with the
quality of Haulmark as a brand?  other brands to consider.  featherlite are
nice and aluminum but very costly by comparison.

(3) what is people's experience with big square box trailers for wind
resistance vs those that have a v-nose or lower profile, does it make a big
difference in pulling resistance, gas mileage, etc?

(4) length - how much length is needed above and beyond the length of the car
being towed if used for track use or generic use in people's experience?  3' of
cargo space in front of the car for spare tires?  more?

(5) anyone use their trailer to store their tiger when not in use for extra
protection?

(6) any other advice or factors i should consider from those with experience?

thanks!
peter

Peter Laurinaitis
peter.laurinaitis.wg02@wharton.upenn.edu