[Tigers] vibrating shifter

To: "tiger list" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] vibrating shifter
From: "Owain Lloyd" <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 17:30:29 +0000
i've noticed that the high rpm rattle from my shifter is getting
worse.  its particularly irksome now that my front end is in better
shape and i can actually drive fast.  at 4000 rpm the rattle
approaches a deafening level so i think its high time i deal with the
issue.  luckily there is a dead spot where the resonance seems to calm
down at 81-82mph but i can't drive everywhere at 81mph :)

given that the vibration is damped if i hold tight or pull up on the
shifter i'm thinking i just need to rebuild the shift linkage.

any tips on how to do this or a place that sells new parts, kits?    i
had a look at toploaderheaven but i'm not sure the best route to take.

as always any experience or opinions most welcome....

- owain.