[Tigers] Manifold Clarification

To: TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: [Tigers] Manifold Clarification
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:38:04 -0700
 From reading the links some of you have sent, I'm convinced I am going
to pick up some real horsepower and torque by switching out my old LAT
Tiger manifold with an Edlebrock.

My next decision is the Performer (idle to 5,000 rpm) or the Performer
RPM.(1500-6,000 rpm). I'm leaning toward the RPM intake, not that I'll
be revving to 6,000 very often. I have a stock 2:88 differential so I'm
tapping the pedal to get a clean takeoff and I seem to be over 1500 RPM
at that time anyway. Or will I get a lot more jolt right off idle with
the standard Performer manifold?

Finally, Edlebrock's web site shows the front/rear height of the
Performer carb mounting surface being 3.5"/4.75" and the front/rear of
the RPM manifold carb mounting surface as 4.3/5.5", basically a 3/4"
difference for both measurements. Will the RPM fit under a stock hood
with a stock air cleaner and a 1" spacer under the Holley carb (which I
have now on my LAT manifold)? I'd hate to give up that spacer which
seems to help lessen vapor lock in hot weather.

Finally, does the temperature sender have a properly threaded port on
the manifold, or will that take modification?

Steve Sage
1966 MK1A (289)

Database version: 5.09460
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/