Re: [Tigers] power coating

To: "Curt" <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>, "Tiger List"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] power coating
From: "Cullen McCann" <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:30:11 -0500
One thing I experienced in powder coating was an element called "off-gassing"
which I think basically means that certain metals, in my case it was a late
model cast aluminum, will dissipate heat or some vapor out of the pores and
bubble the coating during the baking process. It might be percieved as pimples
or bumps in the finish. There are other types of coatings that can be used if
this is a problem.
U might check with your coater to see if this could be an issue.

Cullen
B382001452

Powder coating is nothing more than the name- a coating. The smoothness
would have to come from good prep just like for regular paint. The thin
coating will go over the top of any bumps and blistering and likely
highlight them just like a coat of new paint. May have to start all over and
have the wheels blasted, dipped or something.

Curt Hoffman

You are subscribed as cmccann@lwpb.com