Re: [Tigers] Register your Shelby!

To: BuckTrippel@Verizon.net, gswaybright@yahoo.com,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Register your Shelby!
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 00:23:09 EDT
Now that is a very well thought out, personal opinion on the matter, for
sure. Thanks for taking the time to put it out there. :-)

I'm still, with my friendships in SAAC and other clubs, firmly in the camp
that Shelby's more recent business activities have done irreparable damage  to
his name, reputation and legacy, most visibly in this whole  disowning of SAAC
and the formation of "Team Shelby". But, that's an  outsiders opinion,
looking in with my own prejudices.

The question I have is why they would include the Tiger in their  "registry",
if not to promote additional membership for Team Shelby? I  don't think the
link between Shelby and Sunbeam can be seen as strong  enough to support it
being done purely for historic  reasons. There are any number of significant
names (Lotus, Cosworth,  Abarth etc.) that have done similar
feasibility/engineering/prototype  work for more mainstream manufacturers, but
the end product is
seldom associated with a registry of the "significant" name...but, then,
those registries typically are maintained by not-for-profit clubs.

Anyhow, it is very cool that the Shelby's are simpatico with the Tiger and
I'm sure they would be amazing people to hang out with, just to hear the
stories!

In a message dated 5/21/2008 8:36:34 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,