Re: [Tigers] Register your Shelby!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Register your Shelby!
From: "Cullen McCann" <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 14:08:46 -0500
Well this thread certainly is getting a lot of attention...

I too have heard mixed stories about the man, but a big block cobra is
still my favorite supercar / muscle car of all time, and has been since
I was about 9 years old. I got interesting in Tigers purely from a cobra
influence....at the time I guess I thought I was getting the poor mans
cobra that I had always heard about....and getting the closest to a real
Shelby that I would ever have.

I agree with Andy, all of this issue really takes the fun out of it for
me. I know Ol' Shel has done some dirty underhanded stuff in the name of
business...ive even heard that when you donate 100 bucks to his
childrens foundation about 4 bucks of it actually goes to the
cause...and the rest gets swallowed up in paperwork....(assumably to
him).  But all of this is rumor to me, because I either don't have
access to the info, don't know where to look, that would validate or
debunk this accusation. I do know that most of us have done a few things
we aren't proud of over the years, and when you're a celebrity, those
same things tend to get more attention. I have mixed feelings and don't
know what to think.....but if someome told me john wayne was a child
molester...I don't know that it would make me throw out my copy of rio
bravo.

Btw, I registered my Tiger on there a long time ago, before any of this
discussion had started....thinking it was the cool thing to do. I think
Jeff Howarth asked if there is any harm in doing so...I don't know but I
would like to know.

I sure hope not, cuz I already did.

Cullen

66 Tiger, B382001452