Re: [Tigers] Another Exhausting Tiger Question

To: "Smit, Theo" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>, "Rense, Mark (GE Indust,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Another Exhausting Tiger Question
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 12:01:21 -0400
One of the previous owners of my car cut into the trans
tunnel/firewall...probably trying some monkey business like that with
non-tiger exhaust manifolds. I don't see how HiPo exhaust manifolds can work.

And my understanding is the Tri-Y castings don't do anything to enhance
performance.

Personally if I wasn't a big fan of headers (and my car came with headers) I
would try Extrude Hone Abrasive Flow Machining on the stock Tiger manifolds...
http://www.gethoned.com/index.php ...seems like it would have some
benefits...but then again so would a nice set of headers...

Paul

> Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:37:16 -0600> From: Theo.Smit@dynastream.com> To:
mark.rense@ge.com; Tigers@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Tigers] Another
Exhausting Tiger Question> > If they don't fit then there's not much you can
do without modifying one> or both hard-to-replace pieces. What about using the
Tri-Y castings that> occasionally show up on eBay (and are probably also for
sale at a> reasonable price from others)?> > Theo> > -----Original
Message-----> > I have a pair of 289 Hi-Po cast exhaust headers in my
possession, they> offer higher flow than the original cast headers,
potentially without> the issues of using tubular headers. Has anyone adapted
these to Tiger> use? What is you experience?> > The car I am considering for
this modification uses Edelbrock Performer> RPM aluminum heads.> > I will go
on record again as not being a fan of tube headers on street> cars, so no need
for suggestions in that regard.> > Thanks,> > Bugz> B382000991> B382001465
Give to a good cause with every e-mail. Join the im Initiative from
Microsoft.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?souce=EML_WL_ GoodCause