[Tigers] Engine Woes - Part Two

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Engine Woes - Part Two
From: "Shaun Laughy" <tigerv8@rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 14:14:04 -0400
Hi, folks.

I finally got an opportunity to check the timing on the car today, but
not much else as we are on out way out to a friend's birthday
celebration.  The manual indicates 6 degrees BTDC, with a notation that
it is acceptable to go an additional 5 degrees to deal with altitude,
and to optimize performance and fuel economy.  I have also seen
elsewhere that 6-8 degrees is normal.  So, I was a bit surprised to see
25 degrees!  Does this seem appropriate?  I tried retarding the timing
down to 10 degrees to see if that helped, but the same problem occurred
(harsh sound from the induction system under load), and the engine
really didn't seem to run as well as with the initial setting.

I hope to get some more time to work with this later or tomorrow..

Thanks,
Shaun