[Tigers] engine ancillaries

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] engine ancillaries
From: dhhall@bellsouth.net
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:17:15 +0000
My engine is at the shop, and I'd like some advice about ancillaries.  My goal
is a largely stock, or period available, with adequate power for touring, and
good driveability.  I have a Mk 1A, whose original 260 had too many freeze
cracks to salvage.  I was able to buy an original Tiger 289, and it has needed
to be bored .030 over.  I am retaining the original cast iron heads, new mild
cam for a bit more torque, new taller valve springs, hardened valve seats.  I'm
inclined to use the Edelbrock carb, but wondered 500 or 600 cfm?    I presume a
manual choke.  Thin carb spacer?  Using the Mk 11 timing cover, must I use the
cast iron water pump, or can I use the aluminum.  I don't think I want a high
volume one.  For the flywheel, a lightened steel one, or aluminum?  And
probably a Centerforce clutch, per the recent discussions.  Thanks for all the
help, this list is great.  David