Re: [Tigers] engine ancillaries

To: <dhhall@bellsouth.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] engine ancillaries
From: "Alvin Johnson" <twojohnsons@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:47:00 -0400
Hi Dave,
    Jeez---At least replace those tired old heads. There are some
aftermarket iron ones around, or you can paint the aluminum ones. Aluminum
heads give power & actually can run  w/out knocking on 87 octane. They'll
run cooler, too---a bonus for a Tiger.
    I run a "baby crower" cam in my Mustang to retain the idle quality &
give great torque. But to improve the HPower you need attend to the big
3---Heads, Cam, and Intake (or a power adder).
    Why in the world would you want to spend all that $$$ and still have a
car that can't even keep up with a Toyota?
Al J