Re: [Tigers] BMW Gas (NOT Gasoline)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] BMW Gas (NOT Gasoline)
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 18:54:04 -0500
The Mythbusters episode dealing with the Hindenberg was rerun recently. The
conclusion was that the fabric and the hydrogen combined to cause the fire.
They duplicated the fabric and found that it would certainly burn, but not
with the intensity shown in the old newsreel footage. They tried adding
hydrogen and got an explosion. Finally, after building a largish model with
the duplicated fabric and filling it with a diluted hydrogen/air mixture,
they got a burn just like the newsreel pictures.

A.C. Tynes
New Orleans