Re: [Tigers] Fairmont Pulley

To: "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fairmont Pulley
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:37:10 -0600
I'm using a D5ZE-8509-AC pulley. This is a single-sheave pulley
originally from a 6 cylinder (79-83 or so) Mustang. On my old pump I
didn't have to press anything to get perfect alignment, while on the
replacement pump I ended up having to move it just a smidge. On the new
pump I did have to make clearance (by trimming the ribs) for the inside
of the pulley bell.

The part number decodes to originally being from a (1975) Mustang
application, but those didn't have the inline six that I think I got the
pulley from...
Theo