Re: [Tigers] Snake Oil or not

To: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Snake Oil or not
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:53:58 -0700
Cullen, OM,

Distilled (not "spring" or "deionized" water)"

Stu Brennan said:

/"I use distilled water, available at local pharmacies in gallon jugs for
cheap money.  This is NOT the same as "deionized" water.  I have noticed
less of that crusty crud that collects in the cooling system since
switching to this in all my cars."
/

I have found it in larger "supermarkets", hidden amongst other large
bottled waters.

I would not recommend "titration" with acids or bases and Ph testers
(orangeish paper test strips at Swimming Pool retailers). But is a good
way of knowing where you are.  7.0 is the target (neutral).

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com