Re: [Tigers] Wine Country Classic

To: tigers_United_forum <tigers@autox.team.net>, michael king
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wine Country Classic
From: Bill Martin <tigerfixer@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:21:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone, and sorry to bomb... but
 Dave Stone and the HSC Tiger went to the wine country classic as did Buck
 Tom Sakai and Dale Akuszewski. On Thursday I get a phone call from Dale
 that he thinks one of his heads is cracked and is done for the weekend.
 Then ten minutes later Dale calls and says that the Hollywood car is
 done as well. Dave tried to do something pretty cool here, he had Ron
 Dykes come down to the Wine country from his Seattle area home and told
 him to bring his helmet etc.. So Ron shows up with his driving suit etc
 and the same Checkered helmet that he wore when he drove the car for
 Ian back in 1966. If you have ever seen a picture of the 66 ARRC you will
 know what I am talking about. The Stewards said I dont think so Mr Dykes
 so he put another currently rated helment on and went out during thursdays
 practice. After getting re aquainted with the car that he used to own he
 started turning faster and faster laps until the motor let go going into
 turn 10. The car is down at Dales as I write this and it ain't pretty when
 the cam comes out in three pieces. If you are going to United stop by
 Dales and check out his cool operation.
 Bill