Re: [Tigers] Holley Question

To: "'Randy Smith'" <RSSmithIQ@cs.com>, "'Tiger List Serve'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Holley Question
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 11:48:59 -0400
Randy
        Check the secondaries by taking the vacuum off and plugging it and
run the car.   Does it still stumble?  If so the accelerator pump is the
problem; if not the secondaries are coming in to quickly and you would need
a spring kit to adjust that kick in point.

         accelerator pump adjustment   Check to make sure you have a good
shoot of fuel when you move the throttle; it is possible there is some dirt
in the system or other problem with the pump.

        There should be a plastic cam for the pump on the throttle linkage
that has 2 positions; put the cam in the position that gives you the most
travel.   Look at the rest of the pump linkage to make sure you are getting
the most travel.   There is a cam kit available; you may need to get a
different cam to get more travel and thus more squirt volume.

Check to see if you have a 50 cc accelerator pump.  I'm not sure what the
differences are.   You should go to the Holley web site and check the
standard configuration for that carb.

Ron Fraser