Re: [Tigers] Vibration

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Vibration
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:38:08 -0700
Mark,

Just read in this morning's L.A. Times that the California
environmentalists have struck again, and no one will be allowed to
balance wheel/tire with lead weights.  No Tire Company, Dealership, Tire
sellers, or sales of lead weights will be allowed.  We all know that
lead is poisonous if ingested (don't eat your weights) but apparently
they  can come off the wheel (yes) and traffic pulverizes them and rain
will wash them into our drinking water (???). I don't think our
reservoirs collect street drainage.

/"Kiss a Coyote", and we will also bomb you if you do medical research
on animals, or wear fur, or leather shoes, or keep your pants up with
--------"/

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com

CoolVT@aol.com wrote:

Well, I do have different sized tires front and rear.  They  are new and
tires are new.  Transmission and drive shaft are new.  The  thing is, I didn't
notice this before the I put tires on a few days ago.
I think I'll start by having the wheels rebalanced and see if that  helps
any. The strange thing is, it doesn't feel like an imbalance that will  come
and
go at different speeds. This comes and goes at a certain  speed.  I don't
notice it at lower speeds.
mark