Re: [Tigers] Tigers and lack of discussion

To: "Jeffrey Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers and lack of discussion
From: "Tiger Man" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:41:25 -0600
I'm not sure that comparing the 1964.5 Mustang sales with the later 1974
Mustang is a very fair comparison

The 1964.5 mustang was introduced at the worlds fair on April 15, 1964, but
I don't think they were in the showrooms available for purchase the next
day.

I believe the total production numbers for 1964.5 was 121,538, but I did
find a quote saying that they sold 100,000 in 4 months, so I am guessing
that means they probably weren't ramped up for production till the last 4-5
months of the year.  The first 12 full months of Mustang production
(bridging 64.5 and 65 was 418,812)
1964.5 production numbers 121,538
1965 production numbers 559,451
1966 production numbers 607,568
1973 production numbers 134,267
1974 production numbers 385,993
1975 production numbers 188,575

So the new Mustang II introduced in 74 had almost triple the sales of the
73, but proportionally it seems smaller than the original numbers in 64-65.

Steve