Re: [Tigers] How Hot is Hot?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] How Hot is Hot?
From: Rob Bernardino <crbernardino@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:18:52 -0400
I concur with all the discussion of airflow. However, I think a lot of
air gets trapped in the engine compartment. If you look at modern cars
they all have venting in the wheel wells, or the stylish-again fender
vents. Perhaps the vents on the lat hood are too high and too close to
the windshield (high pressure zone) to be effective for heat escape. I
wonder if anyone has experience with the fender vents like on the
Tiger rally cars. I am contemplating removing metal in the inner
fender to help hot air escape. Might even consider a small exhaust fan
there to keep flow going. I have seen that trick on some custom Cobras
at it seems to help.
Rob in CT