Re: [Tigers] How Hot is Hot?

To: "Rob Bernardino" <crbernardino@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] How Hot is Hot?
From: "Owain Lloyd" <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 20:44:55 +0100
there's probably enough airflow in there to not need a fan.

the renault 5 turbo (mid engined - hence less airflow from the side
intakes) has a small tube (about 90mm diameter) running from the
header straight down out the bottom with a small electric fan in it.
its triggered by a temp sensor in the top of the engine compartment.

you can get these sort of fans (12V) from computer stores designed to
extract air from computer cases.  they are cheap and offer a
surprising amount of airflow.