Re: [Tigers] remote thermometers

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] remote thermometers
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:18:33 -0700
plot to make Americans into skinned-knuckled, bolt-rounding, incompetent
mechanics through the use of crappy tools!<<<<<

In part I can agree. However, there are times when I need a tool I'll use
once maybe twice in a lifetime. Paying less than half the cost of an
American made product seems prudent.  Then there is the fact that I live 10
miles from the HF warehouse.  They have close-out sales a few times a year.
It sure is hard to pass up a refurbished (like new) 60 gallon compressor for
$80 (about $500 for their regular price).  Then there is the small lathe
that was $450 new and my son spied it out in a pile and secured it for $100.
$5 angle grinders, $10 hammer drills, etc., etc., etc..

  So, yea, some of their stuff is total crap and other decent for the money.
If I was using the stuff on a daily basis I would probably buy better. I
opted for a Lincoln MIG welder and a Milwaukee Sawzall over HF products.

Tom

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
5:18 PM