Re: [Tigers] Gas tank covers

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gas tank covers
From: "Will Seay" <wseay@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:29:44 -0400
Mark,
The original material used for the trunk side panels was a kind of fiber
board, not plastic.  A textured pattern was pressed into the surface.  All
in all, pretty cheezey stuff,  The plastic repros will probably endure much
better than the original.  The plastic panels look pretty much like the
originals, but are sort of slick to the touch whereas the originals weren't
slick at all.  I don't know of any repros that are closer to the originals
than the plastic ones described.

Will - B382001570
Will Seay wseay@embarqmail.com