[Tigers] Harmonic Balancer

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Harmonic Balancer
From: "Jeffrey Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:07:46 -0400
"If you  want one that is not necessarily OEM, then the Professional
Products  balancers are inexpensive and very nicely made. They come with
the proper  (3") overall length, a black finish with 3 sets of timing
marks engraved  and filled with white ink, and 3 and 4 hole pulley
patterns on the front."

I tried to use one of those on my rebuilt 1964 260 and found it hit part of
the timing cover and would not seat completely. It was listed as fitting all
Ford small blocks from 260 - 302.  Some where along the line, maybe from the
260 to the 289, the timing cover was changed.  So I bought a new "original
style" balancer and it fit perfectly.   On Ebay there is one listed for $46 #
150291380194 .

                                                   Jeff