Re: [Tigers] Posi?

To: owain.lloyd@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Posi?
From: vegaslegal@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:05:36 -0400
Wow, great answers.? Thanks all.

-----Original Message-----
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
To: vegaslegal@aol.com
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Sent: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:03 am

also, i think its normal to spin both wheels when you lay on that much
power in a straight line.  with a posi, you would find it doesn't spin
the inside wheel when accelerating out of a corner.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com> wrote:
> if you jack the rear end up and turn one wheel the wheel on the other
> side will turn in the same direction if you have a posi.  if the other
> wheel turns the other way you don't.
>
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 6:49 PM,  <vegaslegal@aol.com> wrote:
>> There's every chance that this question is going to sound ignorant.? My
>car's
sole prior owner's husband had a lot of LAT options put on the car when new,
right down to the shocks and wheels.? From a stand still in first on a jack
rabbit start the tires break loose immediately.? In looking back at the
'patch',
both wheels most definately spin all the way through first gear.? One side is
black as coal while the other wheel?spun somewhat less (about 50%).? Is the
lesser wheel just getting some type of limited slip effect from the
differential, or does the fact that both wheels are spinning mean that there is
a posi-traction installed by the prior owner as?well?? I don't really want to
tear into the rear end, and although I fancy myself a car-guy, I don't think
I'd
recognize?the posi-traction anyway.