Re: [Tigers] (no subject)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (no subject)
From: "Jim Parent" <JParent4@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:07:01 -0400
I could understand heat resistance but how does heat reduction work?

I can see how a coating could delay heat transmission but eventually (it
seems to me a second or two) the heat would get through raising the exterior
(of the header) temperature  to what it would have been with no coating.

I do have my headers coated and they look great but I'm unclear if or how
they reduce the temperature under the hood.

I have never understood the idea of temperature reduction but I get that
ceramics increase heat resistance.

Jim