Re: [Tigers] Gauge Cleaning

To: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gauge Cleaning
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:32:55 -0700
Steve,

RE: Tiger needles, I seem to remember a "square" o-ring glass seal.
These can easily fall apart over the years, especially with gauge
repairs.  Lucas/Smiths instrument repair guys had them, but a neoprene
round X-section will work, in a pinch. The width/depth ratio (1:1) will
not look the same as the stock ones.

I also went to a Model Store (airplane, not photo models) and bought
their small bottle of "Insignia Red"neon bright paint for needles.
Small bottle with cap/brush. Never had a "fog" issue, though.  These
were used on my Porsche VDO gauges.

PS: the painting and assembly should be done in a non-humid environment,
such as you used to enjoy.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman