Re: [Tigers] Mobil1/ Zinc additives

To: "'David Sosna'" <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mobil1/ Zinc additives
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:16:43 -0400
        I saw an episode of Motorweek Sunday that included a segment on oil
and ZDDP, hosted by Pat Goss with a chemical engineer; I always though they
were just chemists.   http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/goss/2806.shtml

Today's oil contains about 800 ppm of ZDDP; not enough to break in a flat
tappet motor but OK to run on.  Racing oil and truck oil have higher amounts
of ZDDP about 1200 ppm.

I think we all need to be aware of these facts and we all need to be
watchful of any changes to lower these additives yet again by our fearless,
know it all Congress people.

Your part time Subterranean Excavation Engineer.
Ron Fraser

In real English; I dug ditches for a Natural Gas company's pipelines one
summer.