Re: [Tigers] Hardtop Side Trim

To: "'Tod Brown'" <todbrown@roadrunner.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hardtop Side Trim
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:11:44 -0400
Tod
        Yes there is a trick to it but it has been many years since I did
this so caution is the operative word here. You might want to contact one of
the Sunbeam restoration shops before proceeding; Dale's shop or Tiger Auto.

It seems to me I tried a couple different method to get this trim piece on;
only one method worked.

        I think you have to slide the trim on lengthwise from the back to
front with a slightly twist on the rear down section of the trim starting at
the curve down on the hard top.   Use a rubber mallet and/ or a piece of
wood to get the top edge of the trim down onto the sheet metal edge of the
hard top along the top edge and the rear down section then push the trim
down around.

        The other method would be to try and get the top edge of the trim
down onto the metal edge of the hard top across its length starting at the
down curve of the hard top and then roll the trim around.

Again let me emphasize it has been along time since I did this and I don't
exactly know which method worked for me and yes you are going to scratch
some of the paint under the trim.  Just work slowly and carefully.

Has anyone else on the list done this lately who can jump in here with
better instructions?

I see Bill just added some information.

Ron Fraser