Re: [Tigers] Tigers and Jeep parts?

To: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>, Tiger's Den
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers and Jeep parts?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:49:08 -0700
Cullen,

I am not sure that the previous communications on your interest in
Postal Jeeps was completely addressed.  I do NOT think any of the
"pumpkin".

I understand the Jeep DANA pumpkin will exactly replace the
DANA-Salisbury original differential gear set.  Salisbury is part of the
DANA organization.  I have the Salisbury version which is slightly
different from the US version.  It was stock on some Jaguars, and the
rear end ring gear bolt mounts are the same as the original Tiger.

The differential gear holding bolts on the Jeep unit will not fit the
stock ring gear, but special bolts head/shank diameters are available
through most suppliers and installers.  Similarly, other than 2.88:1
ratios gear sets from US Dana will fit the Salisbury ring mount with
another special bolt set.

I do not believe that any of the previous communications were addressing
the entire rear axle.

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com