Re: [Tigers] Multiple questions

To: geowiz.sgy@cox.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Multiple questions
From: AAAGLASSS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:05:26 EST
If you are going to wash it with a hose and drive in rain seal everything.
Hand wash no rain just seal between the glass and w/strip. Easier to put
w/shield in with frame on body. Use rope in method(w/strip on glass, rope in
channel that fits on pinchweld, cross at bottom, lube(silicone, soapy  water)
hold
in place , pull rope at 45 degree angle to center of w/shield  to install. Put
on moldings and then seal between glass and w/strip with RTV  silicone. Do
not use silicone on parts that may be frequently removed or between  w/strip
and
frame and lower seal and body. If you are going to seal there use a  auto
body sealer like 3M 8634 or Titan R 300 they  stay soft and will  let you
remove
the parts if you have to. I have never had a w/shield frame off  of one of
these. From what I have read there is a set of wedges to set the angle  of the
frame to the vent frame. Maybe someone else can elaborate on this. HTH Oh  yeah
use aluminum rivets on this, steel ones are too hard to remove. HTHA

B382002560

In a message dated 12/29/2008 8:37:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,