Re: [Tigers] Ford valve cover sticker.

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ford valve cover sticker.
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 11:18:26 -0800
Ron,

Typewriter? Isn't that something like a computer printer, that has a
keyboard but no software?

Anyway, I did own the upright Underwood, and a "luggable" smaller
typewriter, but the best was the IBM Selectronic, with the "bouncing
ball".  Various typing balls could be purchased in lots of type size and
font designs.  12 point was very available, then.  Typewriter repair
shops may just have one in their inventory.

Unless you know of someone that still has one that is operating, you are
stuck with type-face punches.  I presume the thousands of type faces for
computer display and printing would depend on your fondness for
non-indenting ink, or laser powder.

Presumably a supplier of metal labels for collectibles would have some
for the 100 point classics.

A thought.

Steve

___