Re: [Tigers] FlowMaster too loud?

To: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] FlowMaster too loud?
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:00:20 -0700
I had, on the old engine/header combination, the 2" center-in,
center-out 50 series Flowmasters and it was not too loud. It had the
signature Flowmaster sound and with the cam combined to make it pretty
distinctive.

As the others have already said, a crossover pipe may help the noise and
give you a bit of power to boot. 3" is a pretty big pipe too, for a
street car... You might find that just going down to a 2 1/2" exit pipe
cuts the noise substantially without limiting the power output in a
significant way.

One last thing is that depending on how the mufflers are installed, they
may be resonating off each other. I forget where, but someplace on the
Internet they had a description of the problem and suggestions for how
to fix that... You basically stagger the mufflers so they're not beside
each other or else you actually use different size muffler bodies so
that they can't resonate with each other.

Theo