Re: [Tigers] The moral dilemma

To: CoolVT@aol.com, Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] The moral dilemma
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:28:01 -0800 (PST)
I will throw my request out again. I think S.L. answered my question but I
would enjoy a clear response, so I will inject more details.

I have a fairly rough Mk1 I bought some years back. I found a nice S3 to rob
sheet metal from but Ive had heart problems and back surgeries etc and I guess
I will sell the car(s). I was told the car was sold new to a lady in Canada and
later purchased by the Rootes dealerships parts man. The Mk1 has pie
mags(unfortunately cut) and what I think is an orginal optional F4B. It is
complete and stock(supposedly he rebuilt the 260 prior to parking the car) It
had an edelbrock air cleaner as opposed to a stock air cleaner BUT if you look
at the options in the BON- there is a pic of the intake and this air cleaner.
My thoughts are the air cleaner came with the F4B. I no longer have a phone
number for the PO and the address on the title was where the car was but it was
rental proprty- actually I dont really know IF the title adddress matches
anything as I only followed directins to the car when I went to buy it. This is
why I posted the earlier question about an
 orginal F4B having the correct threads for the temp sending unit. There have
been plenty of emails about concourse etc but Im still not satisfied about the
knowledge about my ability to claim I have an orginal F4B. Again, any responses
are appreciated.

On another note, my buddy and I are planning on going to the salt flats this
year. Hoping to watch Mayf set his record and to just have a blast etc etc. SO,
Dr. please email me your phone number so I can ask about reccomendations on
finding a motel etc and the dates - ie; anything that will help us enjoy the
trip the most and YOU are the man to the best of my knowledge.
Thanks to all.
TonytheTiger