Re: [Tigers] Front Shock selection?

To: michael.s.king@gmail.com, fabbro@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Front Shock selection?
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 00:55:58 EST
I'm not sure we can do better than the Koni Reds for off the  shelf dampers
for the Tiger...you can get them from Sunbeam Specialities or  direct from
Koni. You also might contact Koni about rebuilding or warranty  replacement on
the
82-1347's you have...I had frozen up rear Konis when I got my  Tiger and Koni
replaced them for no cost. If you keep the Konis on full soft in  the back
and just a bit more rebound in front (like, maybe 1/2 turn or so),  you'll have
good damping and a ride that is better than stock on lower quality  shocks.
The Edelbrock "IAS" valving is marketing hype and crap...I've seen
force/velocity dyno plots of Edelbrock's and it is just nonsensical. I've never
 seen Spax
dyno tested and have never seen them used by anyone in  either the road
racing I used to do or the Autocross that I currently do...not  saying they
aren't
great shocks, I just don't have any experience with 'em to  have an opinion

Mike

In a message dated 2/16/2009 9:30:14 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,