Re: [Tigers] Front Shock selection?

To: DJoh797014@aol.com, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Front Shock selection?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:58:56 -0800
Dave,

I am sending a reply to your note to the "List" as there appears to be a
lot of interest in this.

I went into the back of the garage and removed my original shocks (well,
one dirty one, anyway) from the apparently "Street Use" Koni shock boxes.

It reads 1224261 "Armstrong", on my Mk I, and is date stamped "11/64".
Since my Mk I Tiger is S/N 9462289 it corresponds.  Maybe yours was
replaced before you got the car, I don't know, and that's what was
used.  Heck, a few decades from, when my car passes hands, they will be
certain it came with those "orange" Koni shocks from the factory.

It is not itemized in the TigersUnited.com "Rootes Tiger Parts List", as
it is an "addendum" to the Alpine Parts List, and only itemizes Tiger
differences.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman