Re: [Tigers] vapor recovery gas nozzles

To: Mike Michels <mmichels@socal.rr.com>, garywinblad@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] vapor recovery gas nozzles
From: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:04:48 -0400
The things are a real problem. It is not possible to obtain a seal around the
Tiger fill neck and keep enough preassure on the nozzle rubber/spring
to keep it running. However what does work pretty well at least at
some pumps is to hold the pump handle in my left hand pointed more towards the
front of the car rather than
the obvious in from the side. Then using the finger tips of the right hand peel
the rubber/springs
back as far as you can.With the pump spigot now barely inserted in the car neck
rather than fully inserted
I get clean or at least cleaner gas delivery.

Just another example of the idiotic Calif legislature (not the gas companies)
trying to save the planet
Those idiotic devices have been around for at least 15 years at every pump in
Calif. They make filling
every car/motorcycle/gas can more difficult. They make the Tiger neck really
difficult.

Steve R
B9473720